Friday, February 19, 2010

Weekend Reading Plans

The Edge is first on my weekend reading list, as soon as I download it to my (ahem!  Drumroll, please!) ebook reader. But as nice as the digital book technology is, I'm really looking forward to spending time with my nice fat new volume of Spycraft: The secret history of the CIA's spytechs, from Communism to Al-Quaeda (Wallace and Melton).  In my imagination I will be walking some of the same halls that Townsend once trod.

The ebook reader is a Foxit e-Slick by the way, chosen for its ability to handle PDF files. And yes, I do like it very much, for its convenient size and light weight, for the great number of documents it can store and, best of all, because the text re-flows to a larger print with the click of a button.  The negative side of using an e-reader is that you can't (yet) underline sentences as you go, but Blogger Rachel of Dystel and Goderich Literary Agency offers a solution to that.  Finally, a good reason to Twitter!

No comments: